Tuesday, October 5, 2010

7 years


(on our honeymoon, 2003)

Around this time 7 years ago, I was receiving a call from my soon-to-be-husband. I was busy getting my hair done, applying the 5th layer of mascara, and chatting with my closest girl friends. He was calling to tell me that he felt sick. Not just a cold sick, but I'm about to throw-up sick. And when David throws-up it is bad. Real bad.


(Christmas, 2004)

I remember thinking, I hope I see him at the end of the aisle.


(Crested Butte, 2005)

But really I had no doubts. I knew that he loved me. I knew that he already made his mind up about me - that he was going to stick with me forever. I knew he would be there.


(Jeremy and Michelle's wedding, 2006)

I'm so thankful he was there. The best decesion of my life was to marry him.


(Puerto Rico, 2007, one of the top 2 favorite vacations ever!)

I've heard of the saying "The Seven Year Itch" - meaning that around 7 years of marriage you start to get bored and want out. Praise the Lord that is not us! That's not to say we haven't had our really hard times. But I am thankful that God has protected our marriage, kept us united, and increased our love.


(1st semester in Nicaragua, 2008)

It's been 7 years since we vowed before the Lord to stay together. It feels like so much more (in a good way). We have done so much. We've started with only a couch and a bed and slowly we have built our lives together. Now we live in Nicaragua with 1 awesome baby and another one coming!


(1st week with Beckett!, 2009)

Seriously, praise be to the Lord for the blessing of David!


(Summer, 2010)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary David and Kristina! Your right, even to me it is hard to believe you have been married 7 years! It doesn't seem that long ago and yet it is hard to remember when you weren't married!
I thank God for bringing David into Kristina's life and for the love he has for her!
I hope you two have been able to do something special to celebrate this day!

I Love you both.
Mama/Linda

Unknown said...

congratulations dear friends, you are a great example to us we love you both so much!!