Thursday, November 6, 2008

What?

You know what's great? When the Nicaraguan government suddenly declares Friday and Monday a national holiday due to their municipal elections!
That's right! At the beginning of this week, I thought I would be working a normal 5 day week. Now I have a long 4 day weekend!
Even though that is wonderful to me - many of the Nicaraguans are worried there will be rioting due to the time off and the heated political situation here.
We'll see what happens- hopefully and prayerfully there will be a peaceful election weekend.

3 comments:

Julie said...

That's so great! Wanna spend that 4 days in Norman? We'd love to see you!!!

Unknown said...

Kristina, I came across your blog when I typed in Nicaragua Christian Academy into Google. I met Liam Starkenburg at a Christian Educator's fair, and ever since, my heart has been directed towards teaching overseas--more specifically at NCA. You have had to give a lot up, but I can really see that you wouldn't even think twice about it if it's what God would want you to do. Great will be your reward in Heaven. What grade do you teach? Blessings! ~Dana

Russells said...

Dana-
I teach first grade here. It's a lot fun and a lot of work!
Are you thinking about teaching here? :)
Kristina