Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm so sneaky

Sorry for the pause in blogging. Both Beckett and I have had a cold (or el gripe - the name for a cold in Nicaragua. For some reason, I really like that word, it describes how I feel currently). Being sick does not make me want to blog, or do much of anything really!

Anyways, I wanted to share of our adventures! Last week, Beckett and I flew into Dallas and surprised my mom (for a rather important birthday of hers!) and David's mom! It was awesome! You would think I would have some pictures, but I don't! I left the camera here!

We found some cheap tickets and thought it would be a fun surprise to let them see Beckett. He is at such a fun stage right now, and I was a bit sad for them not to see him.

I had Randy pick me up from the airport. Which, by the way, he did an awesome job of keeping a secret from her. I was a bit leary, but he did it! Randy pulled into my mom's garage and had her open up the garage door. I was hiding just off to the left, out of her line of vision. As she was walking towards Randy, I stepped in front of her. Her expression was priceless! She kept saying, Oh my gosh!

Then on Monday, we surprised Orell too! She had been in New York seeing Hudson (the other Russell grandbaby). I put Beckett in his car seat on her front porch, then I rang the doorbell and ran away. I could hear her say, "That's Beckett, that's Beckett!"

It was so special to surprise them! And I was beyond thrilled that they could see him! :) They showered him with love, attention and toys! Everything a little boy needs!

Got some pictures



Beckett got to experience fall, cooler weather, and pumpkins!



Seeing his Uncle Jamie! Some people say Beckett looks like Jamie. What do you think?



Playing with Grandad's watch




Headed back to Nicaland!


It was also fun for me to see family and friends! I wish that I could have had the time to see everyone! But it was a great visit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are wonderfully, wonderfully sneaky! Thank you for bringing Beckett for a visit -- we loved having time with him and with you. The picture of Beckett playing with Tracy's watch is our favorite too!
Love,
Orell

Anonymous said...

You are a very special daughter Kristina. I love you so much! Thanks for my birthday present!
Mama