Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm kind of sick of the title....

.... but not of the idea.

I have been a terrible, TERRIBLE blogger as of late. I'm blaming it on pregnancy. It makes you so blasted tired. All the time. So when I have a free moment, aka Beckett is sleeping, I'm usually taking a nap too!

So when I look back at my blog, I see Thankful Thursday, Thankful Thursday, Thankful Thursday. That means I haven't been blogging very much! So I'm a bit sick of the title, but not the idea.

So this is a Thankful Thursday blog, without that name. There you go!

We are so, so, so thankful for this guy! He makes us beyong happy, joyful, blessed. It is an amazing thing to think that the Lord loves me (and you) like I love Beckett. And even more so. It's hard to imagine. What a great God, He is.


Ah, a sleeping baby. Nothing cuter, right?

I'm also thankful for this. It just makes me happy.



We, David and I, are also thankful for summer break. He just finished grading his last exam! Don't get me wrong, we love teaching here at NCA! But it's great to have a break, to rest, reflect, and rejuvenate!

We're also SO excited that our church is about to be here! OH, how we love them! Not for one second, do we take for granted the blessing of them coming. We know that they are sacrificing money, time, good U.S. food, and much more to be here. We are so thankful they would come serve here in Nicaragua!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to see all of you in a couple of weeks. Thanks for posting the video of Beckett to tide me over until then. And you a so right: Nothing is cuter or sweeter than a sleeping grandchild . . . um, I meant baby! Love, Orell

Anonymous said...

It is still such a surprise to me, when I see these pictures and videos of Beckett, to feel my heart get so big I think it may burst inside of me! I never dreamed of the love a grandma could have for her grandbaby! It is surely close to the love God has for us! It does take my breath away! I too am so excited to see you all. I want to hug my baby and yours!
See you next weekend!
Grandma/Mom

Anonymous said...

He is such a happy baby! What a blessing to share in his daily life like this. Thanks for posting. I am so looking forward to spending some time with y'all when you come home. Have fun with your brothers and sisters from Woodcreek! I love all of you!!!