Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti

I just heard that Haiti had another HUGE earthquake and it makes me feel sick.

I can't imagine what life is like there right now. I hear stories of tons and tons of orphans without food, water, diapers. I hear about disease setting in. I hear about families torn apart.

It's beyond sad. It's devastating. And to the people there, it's life altering.

I am guilty of reading or hearing about disaster and not thinking twice about it. Since it doesn't really affect me, I'm not moved. That also is sad.

But these people are real and they are really hurting. And I'm sitting in my house, comfortable and content.

But this time is different. I'm going to give and pray. I'm going to give to help meet their needs. And I'm going to pray that people are drawn to the Lord through this.

No comments: