Saturday, January 9, 2010

Toy of the Month

Orell, David's mom, had a really sweet idea for Beckett. Because she doesn't get to see him all the time or bless him with gifts, she created the Toy of the Month. While she was here in November, she wrapped a toy for every month that she won't get to see Beckett (Jan- May). So every month, he'll get to open a present from his Loli!

Today was the day to open for the month of January!

When we laid the present down, he immediately crawled towards it and "tried" to open it!



Got a little side tracked by some other fun toys!



It's a stacking toy!!!



Thanks Loli!



Yesterday I went to the doctor for a check-up for Beckett. He always ask about how Beckett is doing and where he is developmentally and then he gives me ideas, suggestions etc. He was telling me that Beckett should be playing with more educational toys and he mentioned the one with circles that you stack. I was thinking that I haven't seen these in Nicaragua and I wished I got one when we were in the States. And then lo and behold! That's what he got! What a perfect gift!! :)


(By the way, doesn't my baby look huge?! He's 18lbs this month)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

18 pounds! What a big boy! I bet his mommmy is very strong!

Miss you guys!

Julie J.

mrs. rains & family said...

i love that idea! :) what a great loli... :) and yes he does look huge - he's growing up way too fast!