Friday, August 29, 2008

Meet Paolo and Steven

This is Paolo (left) and Steven.Paolo is a gentle spirit. He wants to please, he's kind and has a great soft smile. Paolo is a great friend to all his classmates. He's one of those kids that is just all around great. Steven, on the other hand, is crazy! Not crazy, in a bad way. Just so excited, so hyper, so not-listening-to-me ever. Steven will be in line one minute and the next second he will be climbing a tree dragging some poor innocent girl with him. He screams probably once every 7 minutes. I have said to him, "CALM DOWN" so much that I overheard him saying it to another student - he has no idea what that means because his English is not very good!

These two kids are so different, but I love them both. I love Paolo because of his meek, gentle spirit. I love Steven because he loves life and lives it to the full. They are both cool kids.

We have coming up Nicaraguan Independence Day. At our school, they celebrate this big time. I mean BIG time! David and I are learning a traditional Nica dance about corn - they'll be pictues later! My kids are also learning a corn-Nica-traditional dance. It is one of the funniest things I've seen. The boys are going to have pretend machete's, so right now they are practicing with rulers. Giving 6 and 7 year old boys pretend machete's is not the best idea. Instead of dancing they act like they are cutting off each other's heads.

Here is a video of they boys dancing. If you look closely you can see Steven in the far back not dancing, just turning in circles!

No comments: