Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Last Day

Friday was my last day of teaching for a while. It's a weird feeling knowing that I won't be going back to work after our Spring Break. On one hand, I'm a little sad. I have grown to love teaching and to love the kids here at NCA. I have taught for the past 6 years of my life and actually been in school for the past 23 years! So it will be odd to be at home so much. On the other hand, I'm really excited to be able to stay at home with our baby! I don't know what it will look like and what all I will do, but I feel thankful to have the time off to be able to grow with and learn about and love our baby!
(I know all those moms out there are saying, "Oh, I know what you'll be doing! Not sleeping and changing diapers!!" :)
So what am I doing right now, you ask? I am setting up the baby's room! (We had done very little prior to now!) Which will be so cute! I'm also resting a bit and watching my huge, ginormous ankles not be so stinkin swollen! It's glorious to be able to see your ankle bone! I guess when I'm not standing all day, chasing 7 year olds, my body gets a chance to rest!

3 comments:

Julie said...

So glad you're ankles are less cankelish and you are setting up the baby's room! I can't wait to meet her! :) (i'm just so sure it's a her!) I just tried to skype you...let's talk soon! I miss you!

Unknown said...

more picutres !!! :)

Christa said...

Hey friend :)
I am soooooooooooo happy for you. J-Lo gave me this site. I miss you. Enjoy every moment :) I wish I could have been home longer than I was.