Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Randomness

It's been a while, so here's a little update of what the Nicaragua Russells have been up to.
Last week was Semana Santa (Holy Week), so we had the week off - basically the equivalent to Spring Break. We started our time off by heading to the beach! It was wonderful!! We were able to rest and relax! We also were able to watch some of the March Madness Final Four games! You don't realize how much that meant to us! We love NCAA basketball and love watching March Madness. I'm not going to lie - this is the second year that I have won my bracket. I'm good - isn't that right Jeremy??




(not the greatest pic, but just so you can see our faces!)

When we got back, we jumped right into getting the baby room set up! One fun thing we got was ceiling fans! Pretty consistently, it has been about 90 degrees in our house! Clearly that's a little toasty, so in order to help not catch on fire, we got fans! Hopefully it will keep the baby's room cooler!!


(the cute curtains are from Michelle H.!!)

Speaking of the baby! I have a little over 2 weeks til my due date!!! I went to the doctor on Monday and all is well! I got to meet with our pediatrician and he is very, very cool as well (and speaks fairly good English!)! It is amazing to me to think that we will have a baby soon! I know our lives will change drastically! I go back and forth on being nervous/scared about the labor and delivery process. It's a big deal to have a baby, especially here in Nicaragua! So, I would love all and any prayers to have a calm, trusting heart. (And also I'm praying for a quick, not so, so, so painful delivery - I don't know if that's a selfish prayer, but I'm still praying for it!)

One last thing, just because I'm curious! What do think BOY or GIRL??? Leave a comment!

9 comments:

Julie said...

definitely, without a doubt, a girl.

Anonymous said...

definitely a boy!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Great Grandma Tate is sure it is a girl and I think the same!

Mama

Jonathan Lilley said...

Jon thinks girl!

Sami thinks girl!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a boy -- but that may be because I'm still picturing that compilation picture that Chase created early in your pregnancy!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Boy without a doubt.

Almost all of my friends have recently had girls or found out they are having girls...so I'm just playing the odds and trying to recoup my losses on previous bets. :)

2 weeks to go! You're almost there!!

Steve Whitson

mrs. rains & family said...

a baby girl! :) they're the BEST! (but maybe i'm a bit biased...)

Kimmie said...

I say BOY, because we need to even out the cousin/second cousins with one more boy, since Colin will soon have 2 girl cousins!

Kim said...

OK, I think I change my mind! Girl!! ;)