Tuesday, December 1, 2009

17 years

I miss my Dad. 17 years ago he passed away. I can hardly believe it has been 17 years. I've lived more of my life without him, than with him.


My Dad was great and I loved him so. He was kind and quiet, an avid sports fan, a fluffy pillow, a patient teacher and more.


I can remember throwing the baseball around with him. I remember him standing behind the sideline fence during my softball games. I remember lying on the carpet with him while we watched golf. I can remember the feel of his face and his smell. I remember taking walks and bike rides with him. I can see the look on his face when he was mad and happy.


I miss that face, that laugh, his words of wisdom.


I wish that he was here. I wish that he knew Beckett and Beckett knew him. I wish he was at home with my mom watching TV. I wish I could call him and hear his voice.


I know that it's only sad for me and not him. I don't know how Heaven works, but I know he is there. He's not sad, he is whole and complete and healed and better.


What a glorious day it will be when we are reunited!




I know that I usually write just fun little tidbits about Beckett or life in Nicaragua on this blog, but today I just wanted to write about him. Not typical Kristina, huh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you little girl. Know that you were Daddy's little girl and that I know he is so proud of the young woman you have become.

Mama

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristina,
Your dad sounds wonderful--I'm sad that we never had the chance to know him. But, we feel very blessed to have you, his legacy, in our family. Thanks for sharing such personal memories.
Love,
Orell

Anonymous said...

Deaner,
It's so good to hear your memories of your dad. He was awesome. Thanks for sharing. ;) Love you.
Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful memories from his beautiful daughter. Sweet tears of remembrance. You have honored your dad in a very special way. Thank you for sharing.
Love,
Denise

Anonymous said...

I hadn't checked out what the Russell's have been up to in a while, but wow (stupid water got in my eyes somehow)...What a beautiful description of your father. I hope I do enough things "right" so my children see me in that kind of light when I'm here and remember me that way when I've gone ahead.

Steve

Steve