Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Canada, eh?

We don't have a TV here. It's not because there aren't TVs in Nicaragua, it's because I am a TV junkie. If we had a TV, I would watch it all the live long day. Seriously I would. It would be on ALL day and I would watch junk - like HGTV or some reality show about a bounty hunter. I'm ridiculous - no self control when it comes to TV. Ask my college roommates. They remember how I would sit 2 feet from the TV, eating my cereal - oblivious to the world around me.

So, we don't have one. Which is great by me! Now don't start feeling too bad for me. On Thursday nights we go to a friends and watch Survivor. Because we all know that a life without Survivor is life not worth living. So I do get to watch some TV.
However, when the olympics are going on, I really miss TV! The Olympics are great, I could watch any and everything. Curling? Yes, please! Snowboarding? Shoot, yeah! Don't even get me started on ice skating.

Since we don't watch, I have to go online and look at pictures. Which is not the same.


These are ice dancers. What is ice dancing? Is it like ice skating? Is it just a new word for ice skating? Ugh, I need a TV for like 2 weeks!


Why is this ice hockey guy so sad?? What happened? I need a TV!


Did this cool Japanese bobsled win? I don't know, because it's just a picture!!

Oh, Canada! What I wouldn't give for a TV for 2 or say 3 weeks of the year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great but I need some pictures of my sweet baby Beckett! Some day he may be in the olympics!

Love you all!
Grandma/mama

Anonymous said...

Almost every night I've been an Olympics junkie. It is fun watching all of that stuff--but as always, I will be kind of tired of the TV and be ready to shut it off after weeks of that schedule. Of course I'll be leaving the land of TV and coming to Nicaragua March 1-9th so no more Olympics. I think I'll be too busy to notice, though. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys.
--Tracy--