Friday, February 19, 2010

The Haircut

I'm just going to ignore the fact that I haven't been blogging well recently. It's not for lack of things to blog about, I just can't seem to get motivated. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon and I will be my normal bloggy happy self.

I've decided I love NCA. I know what you are thinking. "You should love it, you moved to Nicaragua, for crying out loud!" But there is a lot of adjustments with moving to a new country, with a new language, and new EVERYTHING. And if you know me, I'm not awesome with change. It takes me a while to get accustom to it. So, a year and half in, I can now say that I love NCA. I love the kids there. They are kind, they love Beckett, they want (a lot of them)to grow with the Lord. (Don't get me wrong, they aren't perfect, but they are great). I love the relationships that the students have with their teachers. Teachers aren't just teachers - they are friends, and mentors, and counselors. I love how we get to meet tons of other missionary families and see/be involved with their ministries. I love the Nicaraguan students and Korean students and Canadian students. So basically what I'm saying is it's a cool place that the Lord has blessed and I'm glad I can be apart of it!

With all that being said, I also love that the school does fun and creative things. For a while, NCA has been raising money for a Fine Arts Center. So periodically thru the year there are fundraisers. Just recently they had a unique one. There are two students at NCA with rather long hair. Technically, it's against the rules to have crazy hair, but some how these two slipped by.


Hernaldo and Cameron with their long and crazy hair!

Both boys had a jar with their names on it. Throughout the week, students and teachers would place money in the jar. At the end of the week, whoever had the most money had to get their head shaved. Both were a bit worried about this. Cameron LOVES his hair (and I really think its cool too) and Hernaldo, well, it took him a while to get it to the perfect fro.


Poor Hernaldo. Fro less.

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

So glad to hear God is blessing your heart as you serve Him...God is good!