Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grandma's Turn

The month of visitors is flying by. Seriously. The day after Granddad (two d's?? - maybe Tracy should tell me what he wants!!) left, my mom came! Beckett is in heaven! He's had not stop attention for the past 2 1/2 weeks. It won't be pretty when it's just me and him again.

We've had a lot of fun this week! We have....



Gone to Granada. Grandada is a fun little town right next to Lake Nicaragua. It's one of those typical Latin cities. It's has a cute little town square with vendors selling everything from whistles to pipes to necklaces with bugs in them (don't ask). We ate a Kathy's Waffles, toured an old cathedral, and just walked around. It was a fun time!



We also have spent a good amount of time in the pool. My poor Mom, for some reason, whenever she comes, it gets so so so hot here. It's always toasty here, but lately it's been real hot. Like so hot you are sweating in your bed at 10:00 at night. So to fight off the heat, we go to the pool.



We have also been cruising around in this little diddy! My mom brought down an early birthday present for Beckett. He L.O.V.E.S this car! Very fun!



My mom was way sweet and took us to Friday's! A place with A/C and refills of Coca Light is like heaven on earth (well, maybe in our book). Beckett was so good and just flirted with the waitresses all night.





She also helped me paint and decorate our room! Sami would be proud. For some reason, I can live in just a plain old room. It doesn't usually bother me to have no paint, or curtains, or pictures up. Could be laziness or something else?? Anyways, David mentioned that he would like for our room to be more cozy, or just better than the nothingness that it was. So, my mom brought down a duvet, we got some paint, hung up some curtains, and put up some shelves and pictures. We did all of this while David was in Costa Rica! So he was way surprised when he got back! Am I a good wife or what?


So time with Grandma has been a blast!

We're off to the market now!

I'll leave you with a picture of this cute little guy. He has a question. When are YOU coming to see me???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right: That is a cute little guy! I love your new colors! And yes, you are an exceptional wife!
Love,
Orell

Anonymous said...

That bedroom does look nice doesn't it??? we did do a good job! It was even fun painting with you!

love you

Mama