Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm a picture stealer

Tracy and Dave Ruff made it safe and sound on Monday night. Which is quite impressive. They flew from Dallas to Mexico City, Mexico City to San Salvador, and the finally San Salvador to Nicaragua. I'm impressed that everything was on time, no delays, no crazy going-through-customs-3-times situations. Dave told me today that they had several people praying for safe travels for them. And I think the Lord honored those prayers. (1 suitcase-with a bunch of tools- still hasn't made it though!)

They began their work on Tuesday morning.



(This is where I stole a picture from Chase and Julie's blog)
This is the before picture. They are basically turning an outside space to an office.

If someone told me to turn a space into an office, I would have no idea where to begin. I think I would sit down in the middle of the room and cry. But not Tracy and Dave, they knew what to do - no tears for them! They have ripped out some glass panels, made a door, cut concrete, started to put a ceiling and roof in. All of that would take me approximately 2.5 years. They've done it in 2 days. Again, quite impressive!


(Again, I stole another picture!)

We have loved having them here! I know that the work they are doing for Camino de Vida (Chase and Julie's church) is such a blessing to them! We are also blessed to have them here to visit and see Beckett!

More to come later!

If you want to see more in depth pictures - I didn't think I should steal them all- go to Chase and Julie's blog www.chaseandjulie.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristina, I love your blogs! They are so much fun to read! I know that Tracy and Dave are having a wonderful time being there with all of you -- playing games, swimming with Beckett, visiting David's school -- and you even gave them the room with the air conditioner! I wish Joanna and I could have been part of this trip, but it's still exciting to read about it!
Love,
Orell

Julie said...

steal away Kristina! make yourself at home. my home is your home. literally! :)