Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Matching outfits

I have this crazy desire to dress my kids in matching outfits - everyday. Is anyone else like this? For example: Beckett is wearing a green shirt today and I got out Hatley's green onesie. I was totally disappointed when I spilt water on it, before I could put her in it.

It's like my life would be more complete if they were wearing coordinating clothing. Weird.

I don't actually ever do it.
1. Because Beckett is a boy and he gets in the dirt and water within .7 seconds of waking up. I would constantly be changing him to match Hatley.
2. David would think I'm a lunatic.

Sometimes, only sometimes, I want our whole family to match (or I'd take blending, as well). Again, David would not go for this!

This is so unlike me.

They didn't even match on Easter. So sad.

(they were cute though!)

3 comments:

Katie said...

We've just got the one, yet I understand where you're coming from. For some reason it bothers me if our family clashes. Jack & John pretty much always match because they both have a high percentage of navy blue in their closets. So if both if them are coordinated & I'm wearing some different color scheme, it bugs me. :o/

Anonymous said...

This is kind of strange Kristina. Not really like you! Must be what the pregnancy hormones caused! I'll start looking for matching outfits for the kids!

Mama

Anonymous said...

This is information that will most likely make my life easier. Now that I finally have a reason to shop for little girl clothes, I am almost overwhelmed by the choices available, so I am happy to narrow the field down to the colors that will look great on Beckett too. However, I'm drawing the line at trying to find matching clothes for David -- you're on your own on that one, Kristina!

Orell