Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rain


The rain has finally come. WOOHOO!!
I'm pretty sure it's officially the rainy season.
As I write this, I'm realizing how funny that probably sounds - to be excited over rain?? Life is different here, though. It hasn't rained here since October. And since October, it has steadily gotten more hot, dry, and still. So when the rain comes, it's like the earth is letting out a huge sigh of relief. The dust is not so intense. Plants come back to life. It cools down significantly. Crazy flying ants come into your house. It's greatness, I tell you, greatness!
But rain can mean different things to different people. We live in a concrete house, with a good roof and drainage system. Many people in Nicaragua are not that blessed. The rainy season to them, must bring worry - will my house flood or my things be damaged.
So, as I am rejoicing in the rain, others are not. I wish that didn't have to be. That they could enjoy the change, rather than worry. How would I feel if I constantly feared what would happen at the next big rain?
Life is not fair. It just isn't.
It makes me hope that the people who live such hard lives here know the love of Jesus and will one day be in a place where there is no worry, no fear, but rejoicing and praise. What a day that will be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

friv juegos said...

The rainy season has officially started the fun and excitement that can be brought forward, we can see as well as what the wait.