Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My baby is 2

My 1st baby that is.

Yesterday, we had the huge blessing of celebrating Beckett's 2nd birthday.

I've heard a 100 moms say things like, "I can't believe how big he's getting!" or "It was just yesterday that he was a newborn!" or "How did my baby grow up so fast?" It's mom-talk. And yet, it's so true with my baby boy. I CAN'T believe how big he is. It WAS just yesterday that he was a tiny newborn. How DID he grow so fast?

I can remember the day we had him. It was full of joy and fear. Joy with what the Lord had given us. Fear in knowing I am no way capable of raising this child right! He was so little, so fragile, so dependent. He stole our hearts that day.

Now, he is big (not so big, but bigger than he was!). He is rough and tough. He wants to do everything by himself. And he still has our hearts.

Oh, how I love him.



Eating a doughnut on his 2nd birthday!


Every birthday needs a trip to McDonald's, right?


Opening a gift from Grandma! Thanks Grandma!


Singing Happy Birthday.


Hanging out with Alicia!


We love you Beckett.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Beckett! Missing all of you guys so much right now...especially anxious to meet that sweet baby girl some day! You guys are always in my prayers!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet Beckett Dean!
Grandma and Grandpa love you so much!