Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Almost Done...

...with the posts about Beckett's birthday!

So on Sunday, was Beckett's official 1 year birthday. He's 1!

I no longer have a newborn baby. I now have a big baby that is verging on toddlerness (well probably not really).



(waking up on May 2nd)


Here's what he's up to these days:

-He is a walking fool! That's all he wants to do. When we went to the pool the other day, he fussed and and fussed because he wanted to be out walking around. I had to put my foot down on this one and make him stay in the water. I mean come on! Who doesn't love being in a pool?!
-He can stand up on his own, without having to pull up on something.
-He can wave "hola" or "adios".
-He is still jabbering away.
-He can eat more solid foods and the same foods that we are eating. He loves cheese (like every good Russell), bananas, toast, beans (like every good Nica), and chicken. Still not so keen on the veggies.
-He is understanding more and more.
-He still does this super cute scrunching of the nose.
-He loves people and kids!
-He wants to be outside 100% of the time.
-He has a great love for brooms, dust pans, and mops.
-One of his favorite times of the day is playing with David. They'll chase each other, laugh, and just be silly!
-He also loves mouths and wants to put his fingers in them.

He's the best and we love him tons!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, this makes my heart happy! I so love that little boy! I can't wait to get my arms around him for a second (because I know he loves to be moving!)and then let him down and run with him! ( hope I can keep up!)
I love you Beckett Dean!
Grandma

Jonathan Lilley said...

awesome! happy birthday Beckett!