Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday

9. Chase and Julie I'm sure you know that we live with David's brother and his wife. They moved down here in November of '09. Obviously, living with someone (who's not your spouse) can have difficulties and hardship. There is an adjustment time and transition. They (unlike David) don't love me with an unconditional, passionate love. And vice versa. They also didn't commit a vow to me to stick with me, to love me, to forgive me - like David and I did on our wedding day. And vice versa. I write all this just to say that there can be hard times and annoyances. BUT all of us have really commited to this. Our desire is to live in unity, to love each other, to serve each other, to forgive each other. I'm thankful for them for many reasons.
-they are another example of people living for Jesus
-they are willing to watch Beckett while David and I go on a date or play ultimate frisbee
-they are silly
-they are different from us and it's good to see how marriages can look different, but still be honoring to the Lord
-Julie makes some darn good cookies, cakes, brownies, etc!

10. This weekend. This weekend our church is having a Women's Retreat at Montelimar. Ohhhh, I'm so excited! Montelimar is an awesome resort place on the Pacific. It has some yummy food, air conditioning, TV, and beautiful sights. I'm also a bit excited that I can sleep in!! You see, David will be staying home with Beckett. Although it will be weird to be without them, I am consoling myself with the idea of sleeping in past 5:30!! Oh, life is good! I'm also excited to hear what our speaker has to say and look forward to worship, the Word, and fellowship!

11. Friends back home. I have some good ones. I have some ones that don't let me be bratty, and tell me the Truth. So thankful for them and how they point me to Jesus. I would be a selfish, selfish, selfish girl without them. Thank you Lord for them.

12. I'm just going to say it, Diet Coke. Have I said it before? That would be bad, because then it might show that I'm a bit of a fanatic for the DC. I'm just glad it's here. It makes me happy. One day, I should stop drinking it. One day.

1 comment:

Orell said...

A women's retreat at Montelimar? Sounds great! I'm so glad you're getting to go. I think you should double your pleasure and have diet Coke while you're there.