Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thankful Thursday

13. How God won't let me just be. That may sound funny, so let me explain. I am a person who doesn't love change - like a lot of people probably. For example, I find something I like at a restaurant and then will ALWAYS order it. Never changing. Really, I don't ever get something else. I like the familiar. I like knowing that it will be good. It's a bit ridiculous, but that is the way I am. So, I tend to be the same way spiritually. I like where I'm at. I think (not really, but it's how I live) that I'm doing OK. No need for drastic measures or changes. But I've come to learn and see that God does not think the same way about me. He desires for me to grow, to mature, to change. And because I won't put myself in a spot to change, He does it for me. I feel like He is constantly placing me in situations to change and become more like Christ. Examples? I hate leading. Well I don't hate it, but I don't feel the need to lead; I'm a good follower. Numerous times, I somehow I get roped into leadership. At my school back home, I was on the leadership team, here I'm on the Women's Council for our church. I feel, no I know, that I need to learn assertiveness, how to lead, and boldness. Which I hate, but am thankful that the Lord won't let me just be. Hopefully, I'll learn these things soon!

14. Cool breezes. I get up early with Beckett, like 5:40. Even though it's dang early, there's something nice about being up then. One of the things that I love is that it's cooler in the mornings. I love standing in our kitchen between 2 open windows and feeling the brisk morning air. It's lovely! I really do feel that it's one of God's gifts to Nicaragua.

[Side note: This morning was not the same. Our little man woke up so cranky. So currently he's back in his bed, screaming (but he needs sleep). So I'm enjoying the breeze upstairs, listening to him struggle. I hope he sleeps soon!! :(]

15. Skype. How great is Skype? If you don't have it, you should get it. I love that I can talk to my mom, that Beckett can see his grandparents. What did missionaries do before skype? It's the best invention in the world. EVER.

16. Sweet moments with my baby. The moments where he's picking up David's basketball and smiling this huge smile. The moments where he let me hug him and he lays his head on my shoulder. The moments when he's pulling leaves off of bushes and trying to sneakily eat them. The moments when he sees David at the end of the day and reaches out for him. Oh, he's so sweet and I'm so thankful for my time with him.



P.S. I think he FINALLY fell back asleep. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristina, I am so very thankful for you and Skype!

Mama

Unknown said...

love you friend, ant wait to share life with you in nicaragua an in dallas this summer!!!

sami

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristina! It's Britney - I love reading your posts and I love your new haircut.