Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Day in the Life of a 16 month old

Beckett is 16 months old today. In honor of this big occasion, he thought he would share with you what an average day looks like for his 16 month old self

Today I woke up around 5:30ish, but Mom didn't get my out of bed until 6:00. So I just sang a song, looked at some books, and banged on my crib. I knew she would get me out after that!

We ate some breakfast, which consisted of oatmeal with apples and a little bit of a bagel. Some days, I'm an awesome eater and some days I much rather play than be bothered with putting a spoon in my mouth.

Because I am getting ANOTHER new tooth, I was a bit cranky. Do you remember getting teeth?? It's no fun. NO. FUN.


I then played with ALL my toys. I mean ALL. (I do realize that my pajamas don't match. My Daddy dressed me last night and he doesn't really care all that much!) My new favorite thing to do is dump all the toys out and then sit in my box. It's a blast!




Around 9:30, Mom put me down for a nap. I intensely protested for about 2.5 minutes and then promptly went to sleep. (I showed her!!) I was exhausted because I woke up so darn early!



After my 2 hour nap, Mom and I went to Subway to get Dad lunch and then we ate with him. I said, "Dada" all the way there and back! I L.O.V.E. my dad. I talk about him all the time!



After we ate lunch, we came back home and I wanted to play outside, so I let my mom know by pointing to the door and signing please. But mom said no, because it was raining. It's been raining a ton here lately, which is a bummer for me. I decided to sit on the couch and play some more!




I can be real focused on a toy sometimes.


After that, I was exhausted, so my mom made me take another nap. I keep fooling her though - somedays I need 2 naps and somedays I need only 1! She never knows which is which! Today, this is what I did instead of napping!


I was showing her the horse, my fav animal these days!



After waking up, I was ready to go! And this is my favorite part of the day! All my friends are outside and I just "run" and "run". I like to push toys, splash in water, eat random leaves, and sometimes go look at the horse! I live such a great life!


The end of my day is so fun too! My Daddy comes home and we eat dinner, play some, and then I take a bath. Time with Dad is the best!




He likes to get me way hyped up before I go to bed! He's fun that way! (Again, with the non-matching pajamas??? Come on, Dad!)


And then it's off to bed!

So, that's my day as a 16 month old boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED seeing and hearing all about Beckett's day! Thanks for sharing all those little details that I miss so much.
Love, Lolli

Anonymous said...

Beckett Dean...grandma loves you! I'm sorry your little tooth is hurting you. You do have busy, busy days!

love you
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to say how much I LOVE seeing Beckett with el raton!!! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy to see him love the little rat!

And that picture in the car seat is the cutest thing I've ever seen! what a sweet little boy!

Grandma loves you so much Beckett!!