Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Power - My Friend and Foe

When the power is on, life is awesome. I mean awesome. We have fans galore, light everywhere, Beckett can start off his nap with a little bit of A/C. It's glorious. When the power is on - it's my best friend.

However, when the power is cut off, we are not friends. We are enemies. I hate the power - or lack of. It's incredibly still, you can't see a darn thing, and my sweet baby is hot in his crib.

I know I being dramatic. And it's not really that bad. It doesn't go off too much and usually not for a long time.

Last night it went off for 4 hours. 4. Hours. From 5PM to 9PM. Right smack in the middle of cooking dinner, putting Beckett to sleep, cleaning up. Last night me and the power were mortal foes.

I took a shower by candlelight. It looked like this.



This was our room. Good pictures, huh?



And this me, so sad that it was hot and sticky and dark. (with a flash, of course)



This ends my rant. I am done with the drama. I will choose to be thankful for the times we do have power, which is most of the time! :)

No comments: