Thursday, April 15, 2010

NCA festival

Ok, I know you have been waiting and waiting. So here it is, the long overdue blog about NCA's festival. Can you hardly contain yourself???

In March, NCA had their annual festival (well, there wasn't one last year, but up til then it was annual.). It's kind of like a carnival in the states. My elementary school would have one every year at least. I remember thinking it was way cool. I digress.

The festival is cool for a couple reasons. 1. It's a great way to have the community surrounding the school come out. 2. This year all the funds raised went to support efforts in Haiti. 3. What's not cool about climbing walls and huge bounce houses??



Sweet Julie getting her face painted. Julie was one of my students last year and she is beyond sweet! I love her tons!


There was definitely some Ultimate Frisbee being played.


No festival is complete without a climbing wall!


Nica-style dunk tank! You know, whatever works! :)


David spent some time in jail! (Thanks to his dad and brother!)


Each teacher was in charge of an activity. David's was the pour-ice water-on-someone's-head game. Here is Zavala warming up Vidal after he was the victim of a bucket full of ice water! (I think this is way cute! Not sure if they would agree though!)


I was in charge of organizing people who wanted to sell their crafts. One lady made these really cool pictures of Nicaraguan women.

There you go!! Now you know about NCA's festival and you can rest easy! :)

3 comments:

Lolli said...

Great blog . . . but I heard a rumor that a certain young man in your household now taking 6-7 steps at a time, which leads me to believe that it's once again time for more video!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lolli! More videos!

Grandma

Anonymous said...

I'll third that! Denise