Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

My list continues...

5. The rain. The past 3-4 weeks have been oh so hot. Like, burn-your-face-off hot. Like, sweating-in-your-bed-at-2-am hot. Like, I'm-pretty-sure-we-live-on-the-surface-of-the-sun hot. You get my point? And on top of all that, it's humid as all get out. Ugh, a gross combination. However this week it rained!! Praise the Lord! I'm not letting myself believe it's the rainy season quite yet. But the change in temperature is awesome! So yeah, I'm SOOOO thankful for the rain!
(I realize I am being a bit dramatic!)

6. Sermons online. I do a weekly Bible study with some girls that live in our apartment complex. Recently we have been listening to a sermon series by a pastor in Amarillo. How cool is it that I can be in Nicaragua and yet hear truth from a man in Amarillo, Texas?

7. Friends here. For a while, I didn't want to make friends here. Sounds crazy, huh? But I'm weird like that. I was thinking that I have great (and by great I mean the best ever) friends in Dallas. And I just didn't want to have to make the effort to meet people and pursue them and have to be vulnerable around them. I kind of hate that. So, I didn't. However, David knows me better than that, and didn't let me just hole up in our house and not make any friends. So slowly we have begun to make some really good friends. I am so thankful for that. I'm also thankful for my husband who pushed/pushes me.

8. Survivor on Thursday nights. We don't have a TV (I can be a TVaholic), but I do love the show Survivor. For a while we were watching Survivor online, which was good, but not the best. Now, though, we get to watch it every Thursday night at the Dalke's (our next door neighbors)! It's greatness. We, the other Russells, the Dalke's, and the Normans all watch. At the beginning of the season, we choose who will be the ultimate winner ( I choose Colby, by the way. How could I not coose a good ole boy from Texas? And he's still in it!) It's so fun and I look forward to Thursday nights every week!

I have much to be thankful for!!!

2 comments:

Whitney Russell said...

I love your Thankful Thursday posts :)

Anonymous said...

The Dalkes huh! How wierd is that, David. I'm glad you've made some friends and have fun Survivor Thursdays!
Denise